On Wednesday February 9th AR-NE successfully organized a seminar entitled “Estate Planning”, a topic suggested by participants at previous seminars. Many thanks to our invited speaker Charles O’Connell Esq. TEP, of Taylor, Ganson & Perrin LLP of Boston MA for taking time out of his busy schedule, to Ameriprise Financial Services in Charlestown, MA for hosting the event, and to those who attended the event. The feedback from participants was very positive with respect to the speaker and the presentation – “Excellent presentation” and “Great choice of presenter” were just some of the comments made.
The presentation eloquently covered the following topics:
- Establishing a legally enforceable plan to provide for loved ones at your death or upon disability
- Orderly and cost effective transfer of wealth during life and at death
- Selecting the person you want to administer your estate and distribute your wealth
- Selecting the person you want to handle your business and personal matters if you become disabled
- Selecting the person you want to take care of your minor children should you and your spouse die prematurely
- Making thoughtful and efﬁcient gifts during your life
- Minimizing the payment of transfer taxes and costs of administering your estate
- Selecting the most beneﬁcial manner of owning assets
- Making known your end of life wishes
For those who could not attend the seminar, please see the presentation included at the bottom of this post
Once again we’d like to thank the presenters, hosts, and participants, and we hope to see you at our future events (Calendar).
The AR-NE Team of Volunteers