The Association of Romanians in New England went through significant growth in its first year, from legal incorporation and IRS recognition as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit, to organizing and running a variety of events. These were made possible by the enthusiastic involvement of our volunteers, and the generous support our members, donors, and sponsors.
We think the time has come to elect a new 9-member Board of Directors, as stipulated in our bylaws, that will continue AR-NE’s programs and activities. AR-NE members can assist this process in the following ways:
- Volunteer to serve in the Board of Directors for the 2011-2012 mandate li>
- Make nominations for the Board of Directors li>
- Volunteer to help run the elections li>
Since only members may participate in electing the new Board of Directors, please consider becoming a member. A moderate dose of spare time (approximately one hour per week), enthusiasm and initiative are the most useful ingredients for a meaningful contribution to AR-NE’s future. The current team of volunteers, most of them founding members, are available to those interested in learning more details. Additionally, please note that monthly board meetings are open to all AR-NE members, who are encouraged to attend.
Steps to the Board of Directors Elections:
- Collecting nominations from AR-NE members – by June 10, 2011 li>
- Consultation of each nominee to accept nomination and distribution of ballots (or electronic equivalent) to each AR-NE member – by July 8, 2011
- Voting, tallying up of the ballots, and announcement of results to members – by August 5, 2011
- Transition to, and the first meeting of the new board, who will elect their executives (president, vice president, secretary and treasurer) – by September 9, 2011
We look forward to your questions, and we hope that many of you will get involved and follow these elections. Please send us your suggestions and proposals at INFO@AR-NE.org.
Your AR-NE team of volunteers.