[Dec 18, 2012: AR-NE Members can VOTE HERE using the password sent to them via email]
The Association of Romanians in New England is an organization recognized as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit by the IRS, operating only thanks to the enthusiastic involvement of our volunteers, and the generous support of our members, donors, and sponsors.
As the current 9-member volunteer Board of Directors is ending its tenure, AR-NE is inviting its members to assist this process in the following ways:
- Volunteer to serve in the Board of Directors for the next mandate (3 years)
- Make nominations for the Board of Directors
- Volunteer to help run the elections
Since only members may participate in electing the new Board of Directors, please consider becoming a member. A moderate dose of dedicated time (several hours a week), enthusiasm and initiative are the most useful ingredients for a meaningful contribution to AR-NE’s future. The current team of volunteers, some of them founding members, are available to those interested in learning more details. Additionally, please note that monthly board meetings are open to all AR-NE members, who are encouraged to attend.
Steps to the Board of Directors Elections:
- Collecting nominations from AR-NE members – by December 9, 2012
- Consultation of each nominee to accept nomination. Distribution of ballots (or electronic equivalent) to each AR-NE member – by December 14, 2012
- Voting, tallying up of the ballots, and announcement of results to members – by December 25, 2012
- Transition to, and the first meeting of the new board, who will elect their executives (president, secretary and treasurer) – by January 14, 2013.
We look forward to your questions, and we hope that many of you will get involved and follow these elections. Please send us your suggestions and proposals at INFO@AR-NE.org.
Your AR-NE team of volunteers.