We would like to thank everyone who attended the first Romanian Ball in New England! We were overwhelmed by the numerous attendance (over 300!) and we were happy to see the enthusiasm and joy of those who wanted to celebrate with us Romanina’s National Day! We apologize deeply for the imperfections and the shortcomings and we promised that next year we will do a bigger/better event! If you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or please take the time to complete this short survey. Please share generously your photos and videos! Lastly, but most importantly, we would like to invite you all to join our volunteer organization so you can help plan and organize more successful events in the upcoming year.
We welcome you with open arms, AR-NE
ROMANIAN BALL 2012!
Join AR-NE, in collaboration with the Romanian Student Association at MIT, for an evening celebrating Romanian culture and heritage.
MENU- Harmony Terrace
Cash bar with an assortment of alcoholic beverages, including beer and wine from Romania.
There will be fasting food.
Romanian potato salad (Boeuf salad)
Roasted eggpland salad (Vinete)
Fried meat balls
Romanian grilled sausages (mici)
Fish in white souce
Kettle cooked chicken with garlic sauce
Country style oven roasted potatoes
Romanian braised cabbage stew
Panettone Romanian style
Cookies or pastries
- 6:00 AR-NE presentation
- 6:15 Traditional Romanian folk music (Iuliana Roata – part 1)
- 6:30 Traditional Romanian folk dances (artistic group The Ladies from Rhode Island)
- 7:00 Traditional Romanian folk music (Iuliana Roata- part 2)
- 7:30 Pop and classical Romanian and international music (Raluca Campean)
- 7:45 Traditional Romanian dances (including “Hora Unirii” and “Perinita”) (artistic group from MIT)
- 8:00 DJ program – Radu C. Morar – Morar Mobile DJ